Victoria Costello is preparing an itinerary for the next year (beginning November 2011) to speak about A Lethal Inheritance and related topics to a wide variety of audiences, including:
- mental health care providers – monthly meetings and conferences
- family support organizations and chapters
- parents and teachers
- professional meetings
- bookstores and writer conferences
- college class visits
Among her speaking topics:
- What every person and new parent should know about the prevention of mental health disorders: a distillation of the latest science and how it can be used.
- Building emotional resilience and positive communication in families: what we can learn from the rehabilitation and recovery movements
- My journey as a mother and a consumer with lived experience of mental illness from despair to recovery and advocacy
- Self -healing through memoir writing (for writers and non-writers)
- Strictly for writers/writing conferences: When a Memoir is About Something Besides You: Creative and Marketing Implications
Please contact the author for more information or to invite Victoria Costello to speak at your meeting or event.
Nov. 19, 2011 – Washington, D.C
Jan 24, 2012 – PUBLICATION DAY!
Jan. 31, 2012 (7:30 pm) San Francisco – Book launch reading/ party at The Booksmith, 1644 Haight Street San Francisco, CA 94117
Feb. 1, 2012 (7 pm) Author reading/signing at Book Passage (Marin) 51 Tamal Vista Blvd, Corte Madera, CA 94904
Feb. 4, 2012 (4 pm) Author reading/signing at Mrs. Dalloway’s bookstore, 2904 College Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705
Feb. 15-17 San Diego, Workshop Presentation, “Making Brain Science Family Friendly” at the Family & Youth Roundtable annual conference.
FOR BOOK CLUBS:
Victoria Costello is available to attend book groups by invitation. If your group is outside Northern California, a book talk via SKYPE can be arranged.
Send Victoria an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a visit.